From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: Vnode migration path
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:28:43 GMT
Awesome (and very welcomed news), what kind of failure conditions can we expect if a node goes
down during the migration?

From: Richard Low <rlow@acunu.com<mailto:rlow@acunu.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:33 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Vnode migration path

Hi Mike,

There's also the shuffle utility (in the bin directory) that can incrementally move ranges
around to migrate to vnodes.

Richard.

On 11 December 2012 08:47, Michael Kjellman <mkjellman@barracuda.com<mailto:mkjellman@barracuda.com>>
wrote:
So I'm wondering if anyone has given thought to their migration path to Vnodes. Other than
having a separate cluster and migrating the data from the old cluster to the vnode cluster
what else can we do.

One suggestion I've heard is start up a second Cassandra instance on each node on different
ports and migrate between nodes that way.

Best,
mike

'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive content and other resources on all Barracuda Networks
solutions.

Visit http://barracudanetworks.com/facebook

--
Richard Low