From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: multiget_slice SlicePredicate
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:03:51 GMT
Each node is doing it's thing in parallel….they on purpose do NOT co-ordinate as they do
not need to so each one is doing it's scan on the rows it has individually.

If all rows "happen" to be on the same server, sure some may be done sequentially depending
on number of rows vs. thread pool size.

As far as a single row is concerned, I know mutations to a single row are serialised as Aaron
has said as much but you are talking about multiple rows here.

Later,
Dean

From: Wei Zhu <wz1975@yahoo.com<mailto:wz1975@yahoo.com>>
Date: Monday, December 10, 2012 3:15 PM
To: Cassandr usergroup <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: multiget_slice SlicePredicate

Well, not sure how parallel is multiget. Someone is saying it's in parallel sending requests
to the different nodes and on each node it's executed sequentially. I didn't bother looking
into the source code yet. Anyone knows it for sure?

I am using Hector, just copied the thrift definition from Cassandra site for reference.

You are right, the count is for each individual row.

Thanks.
-Wei