From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: multiget_slice SlicePredicate
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:13:29 GMT
What's wrong with multiget…parallel performance is great from multiple disks and so usually
that is a good thing.

Also, something looks wrong, since you have list<binary> keys, I would expect the Map
to be Map<binary, list<ColumnOrSuperColumn>>

Are you sure you have that correct?  IF you set range to 100, it should be 100 columns each
row but it never hurts to run the code and verify.

Later,
Dean
PlayOrm Developer

From: Wei Zhu <wz1975@yahoo.com<mailto:wz1975@yahoo.com>>
Date: Monday, December 10, 2012 2:07 PM
To: Cassandr usergroup <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: multiget_slice SlicePredicate

I know it's probably not a good idea to use multiget, but for my use case, it's the only choice,

I have question regarding the SlicePredicate argument of the multiget_slice

The SlicePredicate takes slice_range which takes start, end and range. I suppose start and
end will apply to each individual row. How about range, is it a accumulative column count
of all the rows or to the individual row?
If I set range to 100, is it 100 columns per row, or total?

Thanks for you reply,
-Wei

multiget_slice

 *
map<string,list<ColumnOrSuperColumn>> multiget_slice(list<binary> keys,
ColumnParent column_parent, SlicePredicate predicate, ConsistencyLevel consistency_level)