From santi kumar <santi.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra on EC2 - describe_ring() is giving private IPs
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:33:39 GMT
When I configured rpc_address with public IP, cassandra is not starting up.
It's trowing 'unable to create thrift socket on <public IP>. When I changed
it to private IP, it was good.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create thrift socket to /
107.21.80.94:9160
        at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon$ThriftServer.<init>(CassandraDaemon.java:148)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.startServer(CassandraDaemon.java:76)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.startRPCServer(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:300)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.start(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:272)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.activate(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:369)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:107)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Could not
create ServerSocket on address /107.21.80.94:9160.
        at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.TCustomServerSocket.<init>(TCustomServerSocket.java:80)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon$ThriftServer.<init>(CassandraDaemon.java:141)