From Anand Somani <meatfor...@gmail.com>
Subject upgrade from 0.8.5 to 1.1.6, now it cannot find schema
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:54:13 GMT
Hi,

We have a service which uses* in-vm cassandra* and creates the schema if
does not exist programmatically, this has worked for us for sometime
(including upgrades to the service) and we have been using 0.8.5.

Now we are testing the upgrade to 1.1.6 and noticed that on upgrade the
cassandra fails to find the old schema and wants to create a schema!!. Even
using cli it does not show the old schema.

Has anybody come across this? FYI we have another cluster where we run
cassandra as a separate process and schema is also created outside using
cli, the upgrade there went fine!!

Has anybody seen this behavior? Any clues?

I am going to look at creating the schema from outside, so see if that is
culprit but wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions/thoughts.

Thanks
Anand