From Andrey Ilinykh <ailin...@gmail.com>
Subject how to take consistant snapshot?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:56:10 GMT
Hello, everybody!
I have production cluster with incremental backup on and I want to clone it
(create test one). I don't understand one thing- each column family gets
flushed (and copied to backup storage) independently. Which means the total
snapshot is inconsistent. If I restore from such snapshot  I have totally
useless system. To be more specific, let's say I have two CF, one serves as
an index for another. Every time I update one CF I update index CF. There
is a good chance that all replicas flush index CF first. Then I move it
into backup storage, restore and get CF which has pointers to
non existent data in another CF. What is a way to avoid this situation?

Thank you,
  Andrey