From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to create a keyspace in CQL3
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 15:41:40 GMT
Unfortunately one of the first command everyone needs to use to use to work
with cassandra changes very often.

You can use

cqlsh> help create_keyspace;

But some times even the documentation is not in line.

Using this permutation of goodness:

cqlsh 2.3.0 | Cassandra 1.2.0-beta2-SNAPSHOT | CQL spec 3.0.0 | Thrift
protocol 19.35.0]

The syntax is as follows:
cqlsh> create keyspace a with replication = {'class':'SimpleStrategy',
'replication_factor':3};

as the sample in the doc http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql3/CQL.html