From Rob Coli <rc...@palominodb.com>
Subject Re: question about config leading to an unbalanced ring
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:13:06 GMT
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM, DE VITO Dominique
<dominique.devito@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> With RF=3 and NetworkTopologyStrategy, "The first replica per data center is placed according
to the partitioner (same as with SimpleStrategy). Additional replicas in the same data center
are then determined by walking the ring clockwise until a node in a different rack from the
previous replica is found."

> So, if I understand correctly the data of rack1's 5 nodes will be replicated on the single
node of rack2.
> And then, the node of rack1 will host all the data of the cluster.

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli
AIM&GTALK - rcoli@palominodb.com