From Yogesh Dhari <>
Subject Cassandra V/S Hadoop
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 17:34:45 GMT
Hi all,

Hadoop have different file system(HDFS) and Cassandra have different file

As Hadoop have great Eco-System (Hive{Dataware House}, Hbase{Data Base} n
etc..) and Cassandra(Database) it self providing its own file system

Although  we can run Hadoop's Ecosystem on Cassandra (If I am right ? {like
pig and hive})

Hadoop have single point of Failure but Cassandra doesn't..

Please put some light on both of these where Hadoop overtakes Cassandra an
where Cassandra.

And in which use cases we go for any them.

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar

View raw message