From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Row cache and counters
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:53:27 GMT
Can you post gc settings? Also check logs and see what it says

Also post how many writes and reads along with avg row size

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 29, 2012, at 12:28 PM, rohit bhatia <rohit2412@gmail.com> wrote:

> i assume u mean 8 seconds and not 8ms..
> thats pretty huge to be caused by gc. Is there lot of load on your servers? You might
also need to check for memory contention

> Regarding GC, since its parnew all u can really do is increase heap and young gen size,
or modify tenuring rate. But that can't be the reason for a 8 second timeout.

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:37 PM, André Cruz <andre.cruz@co.sapo.pt> wrote:
>> On 29/12/2012, at 16:59, rohit bhatia <rohit2412@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Reads during a write still occur during a counter increment with CL ONE, but
that latency is not counted in the request latency for the write. Your local node write latency
of 45 microseconds is pretty quick. what is your timeout and the write request latency you
see.

>> Most of the time the increments are pretty quick, in the millisecond range. I have
a 8s timeout and sometimes timeouts happen in bursts.

>>> In our deployment we had some issues and we could trace the timeouts to parnew
gc collections which were quite frequent. You might just want to take a look there too.