From Christopher Keller <cnkel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partition maintenance
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:16:39 GMT
If I'm understanding you correctly, you can write TTL's on each insert.

18 months would be roughly 540 days which would be 46656000 seconds. I've not tried that number,
but I use smaller TTL's all the time and they work fine. Once they are expired they get tombstones
and are no longer searchable. Space is reclaimed as with any tombstone.

--Chris

On Dec 18, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Stephen.M.Thompson@wellsfargo.com wrote:

> Hi folks.  Still working through the details of building out a Cassandra solution and
I have an interesting requirement that I’m not sure how to implement in Cassandra:

> In our current Oracle world, we have the data for this system partitioned by month, and
each month the data that are now 18-months old are archived to tape/cold storage and then
the partition for that month is dropped.  Is there a way to do something similar with Cassandra
without destroying our overall performance?

--
"The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious."