From "cko2223@gmail.com" <cko2...@gmail.com>
Subject ETL Tools to transfer data from Cassandra into other relational databases
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 03:19:15 GMT
We will use Cassandra as logging storage in one of our web application. The application only
insert rows into Cassandra but never update or delete any rows. The CF is expected to grow
by about 0.5 million rows per day.

We need to transfer the data in Cassandra to another relational database daily. Due to the
large size of the CF, instead of truncating the relational table and reloading all rows into
it each time, we plan to run a job to select the "delta" rows since the last run and insert
them into the relational database.

We know we can use Java, Pig or Hive to extract the delta rows to a flat file and load the
data into the target relational table. We are particularly interested in a process that can
extract delta rows without scanning the entire CF.

Has anyone used any other ETL tools to do this kind of delta extraction from Cassandra? We
appreciate any comments and experience.

Thanks,
Chin