From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: upgrade from 0.8.5 to 1.1.6, now it cannot find schema
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 01:03:22 GMT
> in-vm cassandra
Embedded ?

The location of the SSTables has changed in 1.1, they are know in /var/lib/cassandra/data/KS_NAME/CF_NAME/SSTable.data
Is the data in the right place ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 13/12/2012, at 6:54 AM, Anand Somani <meatforums@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a service which uses in-vm cassandra and creates the schema if does not exist
programmatically, this has worked for us for sometime (including upgrades to the service)
and we have been using 0.8.5.

> Now we are testing the upgrade to 1.1.6 and noticed that on upgrade the cassandra fails
to find the old schema and wants to create a schema!!. Even using cli it does not show the
old schema.

> Has anybody come across this? FYI we have another cluster where we run cassandra as a
separate process and schema is also created outside using cli, the upgrade there went fine!!

> Has anybody seen this behavior? Any clues?
>
> I am going to look at creating the schema from outside, so see if that is culprit but
wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions/thoughts.