From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring the number of client connections
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 04:24:43 GMT
AFAIK the count connections is not exposed.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/12/2012, at 10:37 PM, Tomas Nunez <tomas.nunez@groupalia.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to know how many client connections has each one of my cluster nodes (to check
if my load balancing is spreading in a balanced way, to check if increase in the cluster load
can be related to an increase in the number of connections, and things like that). I was thinking
about going with netstat, counting ESTABLISHED connections to port 9160, but then I thought
maybe there is some way in cassandra to get that information (maybe a counter of connections
in the JMX?). I've tried installing MX4J and going over all MBeans, but I haven't found any
with a promising name, they all seem unrelated to this information. And I can't find anything
skimming the manual, so...

> Can you think a better way than "netstat" to get this information? Better yet, is there
anything similar to "Show processlist" in mysql?

> Thanks!
>
> --
> <groupalia.jpg>
> www.groupalia.com
> Tomàs Núñez
> IT-Sysprod
> Tel. + 34 93 159 31 00
> Fax. + 34 93 396 18 52
> Llull, 95-97, 2º planta, 08005 Barcelona
> Skype: tomas.nunez.groupalia
> tomas.nunez@groupalia.com
> <twitter.png> Twitter    <facebook.png> Facebook    <linkedin.png>
Linkedin