From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Too Many Open files error
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:16:33 GMT
> THe number of files in the data directory is around 29500+.
If you are using Levelled Compaction it is probably easier to set the ulimit to unlimited.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 21/12/2012, at 6:34 AM, Andrey Ilinykh <ailinykh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:17 AM, santi kumar <santi.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please give more details about this bug? bug id or something
>
> Now if I want to upgrade, is there any specific process or best practices.
> migration from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 is straightforward- install 1.1.5, stop 1.1.4 (nodetool
drain), start 1.1.5
> http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/install/upgrading#completing-upgrade
>
> Andrey
>

> Thanks
> Santi
>

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Andrey Ilinykh <ailinykh@gmail.com> wrote:
> This bug is fixed in 1.1.5
>
> Andrey
>

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM, santi kumar <santi.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:
> While running the nodetool repair , we are running into FileNotFoundException with too
many open files error. We increased the ulimit value to 32768, and still we have seen this
issue.

> THe number of files in the data directory is around 29500+.
>
> If we further increase the limit of ulimt, would it help?
>
> While tracking the log file for specific file for which it threw the FileNotFoundException,
observed that it was part of Compaction. Does it have any thing to do with it?