From Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdoki...@adform.com>
Subject RE: Partition maintenance
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:57:46 GMT
No way to read the taped data with TTL later - will disappear from tapes :)

Best regards / Pagarbiai
Viktor Jevdokimov
Senior Developer

Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com<mailto:Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com>
Phone: +370 5 212 3063, Fax +370 5 261 0453
J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania
Follow us on Twitter: @adforminsider<http://twitter.com/#!/adforminsider>
Take a ride with Adform's Rich Media Suite<http://vimeo.com/adform/richmedia>

[Adform News] <http://www.adform.com>
[Adform awarded the Best Employer 2012] <http://www.adform.com/site/blog/adform/adform-takes-top-spot-in-best-employer-survey/>

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender. You must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.

From: Keith Wright [mailto:kwright@nanigans.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 18:33
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Partition maintenance

My understanding was that TTLs only apply to columns and not on a per row basis.  This means
that for each column insert you would need to set that TTL.  Does this mean that the amount
of data space used in such a case would be the TTL * the number of columns?  I was hoping
there was a way to set a row TTL.  See older post:  http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.cassandra.user/12701