From Michael Kjellman <mkjell...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring the number of client connections
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 05:22:25 GMT
netstat + cron is your friend at this point in time

On Dec 18, 2012, at 8:25 PM, "aaron morton" <aaron@thelastpickle.com<mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com>>
wrote:

AFAIK the count connections is not exposed.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/12/2012, at 10:37 PM, Tomas Nunez <tomas.nunez@groupalia.com<mailto:tomas.nunez@groupalia.com>>
wrote:

Hi!

I want to know how many client connections has each one of my cluster nodes (to check if my
load balancing is spreading in a balanced way, to check if increase in the cluster load can
be related to an increase in the number of connections, and things like that). I was thinking
about going with netstat, counting ESTABLISHED connections to port 9160, but then I thought
maybe there is some way in cassandra to get that information (maybe a counter of connections
in the JMX?). I've tried installing MX4J and going over all MBeans, but I haven't found any
with a promising name, they all seem unrelated to this information. And I can't find anything
skimming the manual, so...

Can you think a better way than "netstat" to get this information? Better yet, is there anything
similar to "Show processlist" in mysql?

Thanks!

--
<groupalia.jpg><http://es.groupalia.com/>
www.groupalia.com<http://es.groupalia.com/>

Join Barracuda Networks in the fight against hunger.
To learn how you can help in your community, please visit: http://on.fb.me/UAdL4f