From Roman Yankin <ro...@cognitivematch.com>
Subject What is substituting keys_cached column family argument
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 17:06:25 GMT
Problem:

If I do something like this in Cassandra 1.1.7 I would get IAE:
create column family travelers with keys_cached=1000000 and column_metadata=[{column_name:
t, validation_class: UTF8Type, index_type: KEYS}];
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient$ColumnFamilyArgument.KEYS_CACHED

In Cassandra v 0.7 there was a column family property called keys_cached, now it's gone and
I'm struggling to understand which of the below properties it's now substituted (if substituted
at all)?

The below snippet comes from org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient class from source v 1.1.7

protected enum ColumnFamilyArgument
    {
        COLUMN_TYPE,
        COMPARATOR,