From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: question about config leading to an unbalanced ring
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 03:43:28 GMT
>> So, if I understand correctly the data of rack1's 5 nodes will be replicated on the
single node of rack2.
>> And then, the node of rack1 will host all the data of the cluster.
Yup.

To get RF3 NTS will place a replica in rack 1, then one in rack 2 and then one in rack 1.

If you are using racks it's best to have an even distribution of nodes and the RF to be a
multiple of the number of racks.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 21/12/2012, at 8:13 AM, Rob Coli <rcoli@palominodb.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM, DE VITO Dominique
> <dominique.devito@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
>> With RF=3 and NetworkTopologyStrategy, "The first replica per data center is placed
according to the partitioner (same as with SimpleStrategy). Additional replicas in the same
data center are then determined by walking the ring clockwise until a node in a different
rack from the previous replica is found."