From "Ayush V." <ayushv...@gmail.com>
Subject Filter data on row key in Cassandra Hadoop's Random Partitioner
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:46:11 GMT
I'm working on Cassandra Hadoop intergration (MapReduce). We have used Random
Partioner to insert data to gain faster write. Now we have to read that data
from cassandra in MapReduce and perform some calculation on it.

>From the lots of data we have in cassandra we wan't to fetch data only for
particular ROW-KEYs but we are unable to do it due to RandomPartioner -
assertion is there in code.

Can anyone please guide me how should I filter data based on RowKey on
Cassandra level itself (I know data is distributed across regions using Hash
of the RowKey)?

Does using secondary indexes (still trying to understand how it works) will
solve my problem or is there some other way around?

I will be really appreciated if someone could answer my queries.

Thanks
AV