From Wei Zhu <wz1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: multiget_slice SlicePredicate
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:15:25 GMT
Well, not sure how parallel is multiget. Someone is saying it's in parallel sending requests
to the different nodes and on each node it's executed sequentially. I didn't bother looking
into the source code yet. Anyone knows it for sure?

I am using Hector, just copied the thrift definition from Cassandra site for reference.

You are right, the count is for each individual row.

Thanks.
-Wei

________________________________
 From: "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>; Wei Zhu <wz1975@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: multiget_slice SlicePredicate

What's wrong with multiget…parallel performance is great from multiple disks and so usually
that is a good thing.

Also, something looks wrong, since you have list<binary> keys, I would expect the Map
to be Map<binary, list<ColumnOrSuperColumn>>

Are you sure you have that correct?  IF you set range to 100, it should be 100 columns each
row but it never hurts to run the code and verify.

Later,
Dean
PlayOrm Developer