From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: JDBC, Pools and clusters ?
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 22:06:07 GMT
If you are feeling adventurous this has connection pooling, it will only work with 1.2 though
https://github.com/datastax/java-driver

I'm not aware of the current best practice for connecting pooling with the older JDBC driver.
I can see some support for pooling in the trunk but it does not appear to be in the (current)
1.1.2 branch.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

2012 anti-pattern presentation, Mathew Dennis writes:

> "Sometimes people try to restrict clients to a single node. This actually takes work,
and causes problems. Don’t do it."

> Now, I note that the JDBC pooled connection class takes a single  node as an argument
creating  a pool of connections to that node.   So, Whats the best way of handling this in
a (web) application ?  Should I create multiple pools to each of the nodes in the cluster
or is there a better best practice.