On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:
Is this query the equivalent of a full table scan?  Without a starting
point get_range_slice is just starting at token 0?

It is, but that's what you asked for after all. If you want to start at a given token you can do:
  SELECT * FROM videos WHERE videoname = 'My funny cat' AND token(video) > 'whatevertokenyouwant'
You can even do:
  SELECT * FROM videos WHERE videoname = 'My funny cat' AND token(video) > token(99051fe9-6a9c-46c2-b949-38ef78858dd0)
if that's simpler for you than computing the token manually. Though that is mostly for random partitioners. For ordered ones, you can do without the token() part.

--
Sylvain