Hello everyone,

I've a "simple" question. One of our customers needs to build a Cassandra cluster
starting by only two Cassandra nodes, where each node is in a separate Datacenter,
one in Asia and the other one in India.

What are the recommendations for the setup? Which is the best strategy?

We have deployed (for testing) a small cluster like this one some time ago (Cassandra 1.0),
and we configured the two nodes like if they were in the same datacenter and RAC,
basically using the fast deployment and easy strategy, but we have increased the default
phi_convict_threshold value    from 8 to 10 to avoid a lot of false node-down detections.

Is this the best strategy ? Yes I know, two nodes are not enough for a 'real' cluster,
but this is what the customer needs.

Thanks,
-- A