From Wz1975 <wz1...@YAHOO.COM>
Subject Re: need some help with row cache
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 06:41:02 GMT
Use cassandracli.

Thanks.
-Wei

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

-------- Original message --------
Subject: Re: need some help with row cache
From: Yiming Sun <yiming.sun@gmail.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
CC:

Also, what command can I used to see the "caching" setting?  "DESC TABLE <cf>" doesn't
list caching at all.  Thanks.

-- Y.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Yiming Sun <yiming.sun@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Bryan,

Thank you very much for this information.  So in other words, the settings such as row_cache_size_in_mb in
YAML alone are not enough, and I must also specify the caching attribute on a per column family
basis?

-- Y.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM, Bryan Talbot <btalbot@aeriagames.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Yiming Sun <yiming.sun@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> but it is not clear to me where this setting belongs to, because even in the
> v1.1.6 conf/cassandra.yaml,  there is no such property, and apparently
> adding this property to the yaml causes a fatal configuration error upon
> server startup,

It's a per column family setting that can be applied using the CLI or CQL.

With CQL3 it would be

ALTER TABLE <cf> WITH caching = 'rows_only';

to enable the row cache but no key cache for that CF.

-Bryan