From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Concurrency and secondary indexes
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 01:03:37 GMT
What version are you on ?

>  but we are finding a secondary index is performing slow
Not sure what you mean here.

> Are secondary indexes concurrent or single threaded?

Rebuilding a secondary index (via node tool) is a single threaded operation, but *all* indexes
specified on the command line are built at the same time. Rebuilding any one index requires
reading all the rows in the CF.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/11/2012, at 8:20 AM, Simon Guindon <simon.guindon@jsitelecom.com> wrote:

> We are importing data from one column family into a second column family via “nodetool
refresh” but we are finding a secondary index is performing slow and the machine CPU is
pretty much idle. We are trying to bulk load data as fast as possible.