From André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt>
Subject Re: Strange delay in query
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 09:51:31 GMT
On Nov 11, 2012, at 12:01 AM, Binh Nguyen <binhnv80@gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI: Repair does not remove tombstones. To remove tombstones you need to run compaction.
> If you have a lot of data then make sure you run compaction on all nodes before running
repair. We had a big trouble with our system regarding tombstone and it took us long time
to figure out the reason. It turned out that repair process also transfers TTLed data (compaction
is not triggered yet) to the other nodes even that data was removed from the other nodes in
the compaction phase before that.

Aren't compactions triggered automatically? At least minor compactions. Also, I read this
in http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/operations/tuning#tuning-compaction :

"After running a major compaction, automatic minor compactions are no longer triggered, frequently
requiring you to manually run major compactions on a routine basis."
"DataStax does not recommend major compaction."

So I'm unsure whether to start triggering manually these compactions… I guess I'll have
to experiment with it.

Thanks!

André