From Jeremiah Jordan <jeremiah.jor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove DC
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 00:48:51 GMT
If you have any data that you wrote to DC2, since the last time you ran repair, you should
probably run repair to make sure that data made it over to DC1, if you never wrote data directly
to DC2, then you are correct you don't need to run repair.

You should just need to update the schema, and then decommission the node.

-Jeremiah

On Nov 12, 2012, at 2:25 PM, William Oberman <oberman@civicscience.com> wrote:

> There is a great guide here on how to add resources:
> http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/operations/cluster_management#adding-capacity
>
> What about deleting resources?  I'm thinking of removing a data center. Clearly I'd need
to change strategy options, which is currently something like this:
> {DC1:3,DC2:1}
> to:
> {DC1:3})
>
> But, after that change, I'm wondering if anything else needs to happen?  All of the data
in DC1 is already in the correct spots, so I don't think I have to run repair or cleanup...