From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: SchemaDisagreementException
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:21:53 GMT
Out of interest why are you creating column families by making direct calls on an embedded
cassandra instance ? I would guess you life would be easier if you defined a schema in CQL
or CLI.

> I already read in the documentation that this error occurs when more than one thread/processor
access the same place in the Cassandra, but I think this is not occuring.
How may nodes do you have ?
What version are you running ?
It sounds like you have run simultaneous schema updates and the global schema has diverged.

If you can create your schema in CLI or CQL I would recommend doing that.
If you are trying to do something more complicated you'll need to provide more information.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 15/11/2012, at 3:13 AM, Everton Lima <peitin.inutil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some times, when I try to insert a data in Cassandra with Method:
>
> static void createColumnFamily(String keySpace, String columnFamily){
>  synchronized (mutex){
>   Iface cs = new CassandraServer();
>   CfDef cfDef = new CfDef(keySpace, columnFamily);
>
>   cfDef = cfDef.setComparator_type(comparator.toString());
>   cfDef = cfDef.setKey_validation_class(UTF8Type.class.getName());
>   cfDef = cfDef.setCaching("all");
>
>   cs.set_keyspace(keySpace);
>   cs.system_add_column_family(cfDef);
>  }
> }
>
> I run this method in only on process of the distributor system. But in this process,
I run the method two times consecutive in the same thread, but with keyspace diferent.