From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Concurrency and secondary indexes
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:49:32 GMT
> Nodetool reports: 1.1.6-dse-p1
If you are using DSE the best place to get help is the support forums http://www.datastax.com/support-forums/

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 24/11/2012, at 6:34 AM, Simon Guindon <simon.guindon@jsitelecom.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Nodetool reports: 1.1.6-dse-p1
>
> What about inserted data using Hadoop? Will the secondary index execute concurrently
or will this also be single threaded (on the same machine I mean)?

indexes specified on the command line are built at the same time. Rebuilding any one index
requires reading all the rows in the CF.

> Cheers

> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 23/11/2012, at 8:20 AM, Simon Guindon <simon.guindon@jsitelecom.com> wrote:
>

> We are importing data from one column family into a second column family via “nodetool
refresh” but we are finding a secondary index is performing slow and the machine CPU is
pretty much idle. We are trying to bulk load data as fast as possible.