From Mike Heffner <m...@librato.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade 1.1.2 -> 1.1.6
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 03:18:48 GMT
Alain,

We performed a 1.1.3 -> 1.1.6 upgrade and found that all the logs replayed
regardless of the drain. After noticing this on the first node, we did the
following:

* nodetool flush
* nodetool drain
* service cassandra stop
* mv /path/to/logs/*.log /backup/
* apt-get install cassandra
<restarts automatically>

I also agree that starting C* after an upgrade/install seems quite broken
if it was already stopped before the install. However annoying, I have
found this to be the default for most Ubuntu daemon packages.

Mike

--

  Mike Heffner <mike@librato.com>
  Librato, Inc.