From Roshan Dawrani <roshandawr...@gmail.com>
Subject Need help in updating metadata of an existing column family
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:28:48 GMT
Hi,

I have an existing column family that is created with comparator BytesType.
I want to add a built-in index to this column family and I am executing the
following command using CLI:

update column family MyCF with comparator=BytesType and
column_metadata=[{column_name: userid, validation_class: UTF8Type,
index_type: KEYS, index_name: ACUserIdIdx}];

However the column metadata that actually gets added has the column name *
"fffffd"* and not *"userid".*

>From a previous thread, I have understood that in this case Cassandra
treats the column name I have given as bytes (due to comparator BytesType),
and hence comes up with a different name.

*Any workaround solution for creating the column metadata with the correct
column name?*

Regards,
--
Roshan