From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: failing reconcilliation during counter increment?
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:19:42 GMT

> To my understanding client will not be notified because this read step is
> asynchronously.

Yes, though for the record it's actually synchronous if you use anything
else than CL.ONE.

> Also the other replica cannot be updated properly (replicate-on-write
> stage is backing up).
> Question is:
> - Will the counter value eventually become correct?

Yes, provided you either have read repair enabled or run repair at some
point. Meaning that if the read gets dropped, there is no hinted hand-off
involved so read repair and repair are the only things that will make
things eventually consistent (but they will).

> - Read repair is turned off for the moment, but would this (not
> reconciliated) memtable  value be merged correctly if read repair would be
> enabled?

Yes

> - What with the final value after running nodetool repairs or compaction
> process...

It'll be fine.

--
Sylvain