From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject [BETA RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 1.2.0-beta2 released
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:01:22 GMT
The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of the second beta for
the future Apache Cassandra 1.2.0.

Let me first stress that this is beta software and as such is *not* ready
for
production use.

This release is still beta so is likely not bug free. However, lots have
been
fixed since beta1 and if everything goes right, we are hopeful that a first
release candidate may follow shortly. Please do help testing this beta to
help
make that happen. If you encounter any problem during your testing, please
report[3,4] them. And be sure to a look at the change log[1] and the release
notes[2] to see where Cassandra 1.2 differs from the previous series.

Apache Cassandra 1.2.0-beta2[5] is available as usual from the cassandra
website (http://cassandra.apache.org/download/) and a debian package is
available using the 12x branch (see
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging).

Thank you for your help in testing and have fun with it.

[1]: http://goo.gl/wnDAV (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/CBsqs (NEWS.txt)
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA
[4]: user@cassandra.apache.org