From Alessio Paolucci <paolucciales...@gmail.com>
Subject Two nodes but in two (far) datacenters
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:44:02 GMT
Hello everyone,

I've a "simple" question. One of our customers needs to build a Cassandra
cluster
starting by only two Cassandra nodes, where each node is in a separate
Datacenter,
one in Asia and the other one in India.

What are the recommendations for the setup? Which is the best strategy?

We have deployed (for testing) a small cluster like this one some time ago
(Cassandra 1.0),
and we configured the two nodes like if they were in the same datacenter
and RAC,
basically using the fast deployment and easy strategy, but we have
increased the default
phi_convict_threshold value    from 8 to 10 to avoid a lot of false
node-down detections.

Is this the best strategy ? Yes I know, two nodes are not enough for a
'real' cluster,
but this is what the customer needs.

Thanks,
-- A