From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve Multiple CFs from Range Slice
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 05:42:58 GMT
HBase is different is this regard. A table is comprised of multiple
column families, and they can be scanned at once. However, last time I
checked, scanning a table with two column families is still two
"seeks" across three different column families.

A similar thing can be accomplished in cassandra by issuing two range
scans, (possibly executing them asynchronously in two threads)

I am sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken.