From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unable to read saved rowcache from disk
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 02:38:33 GMT
Yes the row cache "could be" incorrect so on startup cassandra verify they
saved row cache by re reading. It takes a long time so do not save a big
row cache.

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012, Manu Zhang <owenzhang1990@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a rowcache provieded by SerializingCacheProvider.
> The data that has been read into it is about 500MB, as claimed by
jconsole. After saving cache, it is around 15MB on disk. Hence, I suppose
the size from jconsole is before serializing.
> Now while restarting Cassandra, it's unable to read saved rowcache back.
By "unable", I mean around 4 hours and I have to abort it and remove cache
so as not to suspend other tasks.