From Rob Coli <rc...@palominodb.com>
Subject Re: counters + replication = awful performance?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:34:02 GMT

Yeah : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2434

> A user like this might benefit from DANGER counters. They are not looking
> for perfection, only better performance, and the counter row keys themselves
> role over in 5 minutes anyway.

Yep, I agree that if you don't care about accurate counting, Cassandra
counters may be for you. Cassandra counters in mongo mode are even
more web scale! The unfortunate thing is that people seem to assume
that software does what it is supposed to do, and probably do not get
a great impression of said software when it doesn't. :D

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli
AIM&GTALK - rcoli@palominodb.com