From Rob Coli <rc...@palominodb.com>
Subject Re: Single Node Cassandra Installation
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:48:47 GMT
On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Drew Kutcharian <drew@venarc.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rob, this makes sense. We only have one rack at this point, so I think it'd be
better to start with PropertyFileSnitch to make Cassandra think that these nodes each are
in a different rack without having to put them on different subnets. And I will have more
flexibility (at the cost of keeping the property file in sync) when it comes to growth.

Many people run successfully with PFS, and as you say it provides
flexibility if you get a second rack. The overhead versus a
non-rack-aware snitch is not significant.

However if you are careful you should be able to switch to PFS or
another rack aware snitch with no problems when you actually need
it... :)

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli