From Yiming Sun <yiming....@gmail.com>
Subject key cache size in mb = 0 doesn't work?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 03:12:41 GMT
Hi,

I am carrying out some performance test against a 6-node cassandra cluster
(v1.1.0), and need to disable the key cache entirely as one of the
scenarios.

However, by setting key_cache_size_in_mb to 0, I am still seeing caching
effects.  For example, when I fetch a set of 5000 rows, the first time it
would deliver at about 60MB/sec, but all subsequent fetches (even after
fetching several other sets), it would deliver at about 120MB/sec.  This is
exactly the same behavior I have observed when the key_cache_size_in_mb was
left blank.

So I am just wondering how I can disable the key cache entirely.  All our
nodes have JNA.jar deployed -- not sure it this has anything to do with
what I saw.  Thanks.

-- Y