From Yang <teddyyyy...@gmail.com>
Subject backup/restore from sstable files ?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 01:15:53 GMT
some of my colleagues seem to use this method to backup/restore a cluster,
successfully:

on each of the node, save entire /cassandra/data/ dir to S3,
then on a new set of nodes, with exactly the same number of nodes,  copy
back each of the data/ dir.

then boot up cluster.

but I wonder how it worked: doesn't the system keyspace store information
specific to the current cluster, such as my sibling nodes in the cluster,
my IP ?? all these would change once you copy the "frozen" data files onto
a new set of nodes.

Thanks
Yang