From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Memory Manager
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 04:09:44 GMT
Have you tried using the defaults  in cassandra-env.sh ? Your setting are very different.

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-1.1/conf/cassandra-env.sh

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 13/11/2012, at 11:35 PM, Everton Lima <peitin.inutil@gmail.com> wrote:

> -Xmx2G -Xms512M -Xmn128M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=10.10.0.211
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7199 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:ParallelCMSThreads=4
-XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycleMin=0 -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycle=10

> 2012/11/12 Brian Tarbox <tarbox@cabotresearch.com>
> Can you supply your java parameters?
>

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Everton Lima <peitin.inutil@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I was using cassandra on distributed project. I am using java 6 and cassandra 1.1.6.
My problem is in Memory manager (I think). My system was throwing heap limit exception.
> The problem is that after some inserts (2Gb) the Old Gen memory of heap full and can
not be cleaned. This problem, only occurs when I use more than one machine, with only one
machine, after the insert the GC clean the Old Gen.