From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Changing compression_parameters of exsisting CF
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:33:46 GMT
> is it expectable behaviour? or it's bug?
It exhibits bug like qualities.

Can you create a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA ?

Thanks

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/11/2012, at 2:40 AM, Шамим <srecon@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello users,
>   faced very strange behaviour when chnaging compression_parameters of exisiting CF.
After changing the compaction strategy, compression_strategy returning back to the "SnappyCompressor".
> Using version 1.1.5.
> [cqlsh 2.2.0 | Cassandra 1.1.5 | CQL spec 2.0.0 | Thrift protocol 19.32.0]
> I have one column family with following paramters:
>
> cqlsh > describe columnfamily auditlog_01;
> CREATE TABLE auditlog_01 (
> lid text PRIMARY KEY,
> dscn text,
> asid text,
> soapa text,
> sysn text,
> msgs double,
> leid bigint,
> prc text,
> aeid bigint,
> adt timestamp,
> name text,
> asn text,
> msg text,
> msgid text,
> msgt text
> ) WITH
> comment='' AND
> comparator=text AND
> read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
> gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
> default_validation=text AND
> min_compaction_threshold=4 AND
> max_compaction_threshold=32 AND
> replicate_on_write='true' AND
> compaction_strategy_class='SizeTieredCompactionStrategy' AND
> compaction_strategy_options:sstable_size_in_mb='5' AND
> compression_parameters:sstable_compression='SnappyCompressor';
>
> Changing compression strategy to 'DeflateCompressor
>
> cqlsh:p00smev_archKS> ALTER TABLE auditlog_01 WITH compression_parameters:sstabl
> e_compression = 'DeflateCompressor' AND compression_parameters:chunk_length_kb =
>  64;
> cqlsh:p00smev_archKS> describe columnfamily auditlog_01;
>
> CREATE TABLE auditlog_01 (
>   lid text PRIMARY KEY,
>   dscn text,
>   asid text,
>   soapa text,
>   sysn text,
>   msgs double,
>   leid bigint,
>   prc text,
>   aeid bigint,
>   adt timestamp,
>   name text,
>   asn text,
>   msg text,
>   msgid text,
>   msgt text
> ) WITH
>   comment='' AND
>   comparator=text AND
>   read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
>   gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
>   default_validation=text AND
>   min_compaction_threshold=4 AND
>   max_compaction_threshold=32 AND
>   replicate_on_write='true' AND
>   compaction_strategy_class='SizeTieredCompactionStrategy' AND
>   compaction_strategy_options:sstable_size_in_mb='5' AND
>   compression_parameters:chunk_length_kb='64' AND
>   compression_parameters:sstable_compression='DeflateCompressor';
>
> it's sucessfuly changed the compression strategy to 'DeflateCompressor, after that when
i am trying to change the compaction strategy, compression strategy returing back to "SnappyCompressor".