From Kevin Burton <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject Re: CF metadata syntax for an array
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:46:19 GMT
While this solves the problem for an array of 'primitive' types. What if I want an array or
collection of an arbitrary type like list<foo>, where foo is a user defined type? I
am guessing that this cannot be done with 'collections'. What are the options to solve this
type of array?

On Nov 12, 2012, at 2:28 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

> This may help http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cql3_collections
>
>>  I have gotten as far as feeling a need to understand a ‘super-column’
> You can happily ignore them.
>

> Cheers

> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 12/11/2012, at 8:35 PM, Kevin Burton <rkevinburton@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry if this is an FAQ. But I was wondering what the syntax for describing
an array? I have gotten as far as feeling a need to understand a ‘super-column’ but I
fail after that. Once I have the metadata in place to describe an array how do I  insert data
into the array? Get data from the array? Thank you.