From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Memory Manager
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:15:33 GMT
Without knowing what the schema is and what the load is or anything about the workload I would
suggest:

Using 4G for the heap and 800 MB for the new heap. The 128 MB setting you have is way too
small. If you are running our of heap space the simple thing is to add more.

Using the default GC settings

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:+UseParNewGC"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:SurvivorRatio=8"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly"

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 15/11/2012, at 2:56 AM, Everton Lima <peitin.inutil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I already have do it, but in my application, my configuration is needed. But the
problem was solved. The problem was a leak of memory in my code.

> Thanks.
>
> 2012/11/14 aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
> Have you tried using the defaults  in cassandra-env.sh ? Your setting are very different.

> https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-1.1/conf/cassandra-env.sh
>
> Cheers
>

> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 13/11/2012, at 11:35 PM, Everton Lima <peitin.inutil@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> -Xmx2G -Xms512M -Xmn128M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=10.10.0.211
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7199 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:ParallelCMSThreads=4
-XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycleMin=0 -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycle=10

>> 2012/11/12 Brian Tarbox <tarbox@cabotresearch.com>
>> Can you supply your java parameters?
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Everton Lima <peitin.inutil@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi people,
>>
>> I was using cassandra on distributed project. I am using java 6 and cassandra 1.1.6.
My problem is in Memory manager (I think). My system was throwing heap limit exception.
>> The problem is that after some inserts (2Gb) the Old Gen memory of heap full and
can not be cleaned. This problem, only occurs when I use more than one machine, with only
one machine, after the insert the GC clean the Old Gen.