From Wz1975 <wz1...@YAHOO.COM>
Subject RE: Connecting to cassandra.
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 03:06:39 GMT
The first thing to check is the log files under /var/log/cassandra,  should give you some
hint.

Thanks.
-Wei

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

-------- Original message --------
Subject: Connecting to cassandra.
From: Kevin Burton <rkevinburton@charter.net>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
CC:

I have installed Cassandra on a Ubuntu Server but I fail to see it with either:

ps ax

or

netstat –an | grep 9160

I see a file /etc/init.d/cassandra so I am assuming that it should start up. What else do
I need to do? I have edited cassandra.yaml for all the places that specifically specify localhost
or 127.0.0.1 and change it to the IP address of the machine/server where it is running. I
am assuming that I have hit all the right configuration points. Ideas?

Thank you.

Kevin