From Michal Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: monitor cassandra 1.1.6 with MX4J
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:37:45 GMT
Hmm... It looks like it wasn't merged at some time (why?), because I can
see that appropriate lines were present in a few branches. I didn't
check if it works, but looking at git history tells me that you could
try modifying cassandra-env.sh like this:

Add this somewhere & configure:

# To use mx4j, an HTML interface for JMX, add mx4j-tools.jar to the lib/
directory.
# By default mx4j listens on 0.0.0.0:8081. Uncomment the following lines
to control
# its listen address and port.
MX4J_ADDRESS="-Dmx4jaddress=0.0.0.0"
MX4J_PORT="-Dmx4jport=8081"

And then add this:

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS $MX4J_ADDRESS"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS $MX4J_PORT"

somewhere in the end of the file where JVM_OPTS is appended.

Regards,
MichaƂ