From Dean Pullen <>
Subject Thrift frame settings not being picked up
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:46:39 GMT
Hi all,

I'm getting some frame size issues, i.e. similar to:

11:16:06.456 WARN  m.p.c.connection.HConnectionManager - Exception:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Frame size (19822670)
larger than max length (16384000)!

However, I've updated the cassandra.yaml to read:
thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb: 25
thrift_max_message_length_in_mb: 30

I'm not sure why it's still stuck at 16mb. I've obviously restarted the
node etc, and even cleared out any pre-existing data,

Info - tried updating everything to latest:

cassandra 1.1.6
thrift 0.9.0
hector 1.0-5

Many thanks,