From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: describe columnfamilies?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:11:20 GMT
4946 is marked as a dup of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4913

Looks like it's fixed in the trunk now.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 15/11/2012, at 2:19 AM, Timmy Turner <timm.turn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using a describe columnfamilies/tables query, Cassandra only gives me <empty> in
1.2.0-beta1 and the error mentioned in  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4946
in 1.2.0-beta2, despite there actually being columnfamilies in the currently selected/used
keyspace. Selecting/updating the columnfamilies and describe columnfamily statements work
fine.

> Is this a bug that will eventually be fixed, or does describe columnfamilies only list
the columnfamilies after certain conditions (e.g. only after they've been flushed to the disk)
have been met? If so, what are these conditions, and is there any way to force Cassandra to
execute the necessary steps to meet these conditions?