From "Kevin Burton" <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject RE: Connecting to cassandra.
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 03:46:48 GMT
Thank you in the output.log I see the line:

INFO 13:36:59,110 This node will not auto bootstrap because it is configured to be a seed
node.

Apparently I changed too much in the cassandra.yaml file. What should the ‘seed’ entry
be? From the comments it is a comma separated list of IP addresses.  Should I just comment
this entry out? The comment is made that 0.0.0.0 is never correct.

# any class that implements the SeedProvider interface and has a

# constructor that takes a Map<String, String> of parameters will do.

seed_provider:

    # Addresses of hosts that are deemed contact points.

    # Cassandra nodes use this list of hosts to find each other and learn

    # the topology of the ring.  You must change this if you are running

    # multiple nodes!

    - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider

      parameters:

          # seeds is actually a comma-delimited list of addresses.

          # Ex: "<ip1>,<ip2>,<ip3>"

          - seeds: "172.16.35.108"

What should I put? Do you think this is the problem why it is not starting up?